Sunday, January 15, 2006

No Thanks, I'm Afula

Listening to R.E.M. and trying to ignore stray cats screaming outside.
Went down to the corner Qwik-E-Mart. I'm pretty sure the clerk, a man older than me, was picking his nose while we were waiting for my debit card receipt to print. Really digging in there, going at something on or behind his face. I was so sure, I didn't want to look to really check. I couldn't be bothered, and besides I had stared at enough people from my bus seat earlier. This clerk and I, we've seen each other around and said hi, but I don't really want to share special moments like that. There was no else around on line or in the store. You know, I'm all about using work time efficiently and creatively, and I'm glad his store was warm and welcoming in this cold weather, but come on. Is that really necessary? We are already blessed with an overabundance of vehicle drivers in this country who have mined all the gold in that field. They'll be happy to run the country, though, or at least tell you how it should be done.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in the words of a revered author, the clerk may have thought his nose was a 'mid face snack dispenser'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home